There Were Giants In The Earth
|There Were Giants In The Earth|
|Writers:||Carey Wilbur, Shimon Wincelberg|
|Principal Cast:||John Robinson (Guy Williams)|
|Supporting Cast:||Cyclops (Lamar Lundy)|
|Preceded By:||Island in the Sky|
|Followed By:||The Hungry Sea|
John discovers that the temperature is about take a deep plunge, and decides they must head toward the equatorial regions - south of their landing site - to survive. Smith chooses to stay at the ship, and the Robot, still under Smith's control, stays as well.
As they begin their journey, they encounter a mutant humanoid plant that threatened the men while they were at the weather station, destroy it, and proceed south with haste. A lightning storm drives them into a cave for shelter, and they discover the ruins of an ancient civilization inside the cave. Will, Penny, Don and Judy are trapped inside a crypt, and a quake starts.
- Having Smith and the Robot stay at the ship allows reuse of the pilot episode footage of the journey south.
- The Earth in the title of this episode evidently refers to soil, not the planet Earth.
- Will plays the guitar and sings "Greensleeves".
- Penny plays with a turtle, leftover from the unaired pilot, "No Place to Hide".
- Smith reveals the ability to cook.